Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baby Emma // Tampa Newborn Photography

This is not a typical newborn post that you would usually see here. This was not a scheduled session or anything. This is purely being where I needed to be at the time and now I have a very special memory to share.

I was so pumped this past Saturday as I drove 2 hours down to Tampa. I had just finished a family photo session (will be on the blog soon) and was on my way to surprise a special friend of mine. Carrie and I have been friends since high school and have been able to stay in touch for the most part through Facebook and texting. Being able to actually spend time around each other, not so much. We worked together for a few years at a bagel shop. She attended my wedding and my husband officiated hers. Life happens and the internet keeps you just barely connected.

I was thrilled when I got the text that she was pregnant and have stalked her photo albums any time she posted a baby bump photo. I was unable to attend her baby shower. I really had wanted to be there at some point for her during this major milestone in her life.

Then last week, I receive a text from her asking for prayer over her and the baby and the C-section she was due to have the next day. She expressed her concerns and nervousness over the delivery. During our conversation she made a statement that really got to me. She told me that she wished she could have "one of your(my) hugs" (because everyone knows I give some pretty good hugs :c] ). That did it for me. I really didn't want to miss out on being a part of this time in her life and I wanted to see my friend more than anything and give her that hug.

I got to surprise her with my visit, hug her neck a few times, and hold a precious baby girl all in one afternoon. A very special memory that was well worth the trip!

p.s. Sorry the above was so mushy, Carrie, but you know it's all true. :c)

Without further ado, I am pleased to show you beautiful Baby Emma, and her wonderful family:










I love her lips.







Grandma adores her.





You can see how in love he is.





Sweet Momma








Gorgeous family


Don't you just love that smooshy face?!


And one more, this one in color:




Love you, Wright Family!

0 Leave a comment. You KNOW you want to.:

Post a Comment